Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Calzone vs Stromboli

Did you know, according to Mario Batalli, that a calzone is traditionally made with cheese and ham? And, if you add a sauce it becomes a stromboli?

I didn't! I called them all calzones if they were made with bread or pizza dough.

I do like them and should make them more often. They are a very easy way to eat a "pizza" contained so it's not so messy if it has lots of goodies, and especially in the hot stage.

Here's one I've made in the past. It was whole wheat bread flour and the green is fresh parsley. It has fresh tomato instead of store-bought sauce, my own goat milk cheese, etc. It was DELICIOUS and easy to make. A bread machine makes mixing up the dough and the first kneading soooo easy!

I learned the difference on The Chew tv show on ABC. I love the show and always enjoy it most when Mario is on.

No comments:

Post a Comment