Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jazzed up Peanut Butter Sandwich TNT


I just had a DELISH PB sandwich for lunch! I thought I'd share what I did with  you!

I started with 2 slices of whole wheat bread. Then I got the agave syrup and creamy pb out and spread one on each slice. From here you can make changes based on what you have handy! I then liberally sprinkled cinnamon over the bp I slathered on, and I do mean liberally! I then sliced a banana in half and then lengthwise and placed the slices on my sandwich. I slice lengthwise because my sandwiches hold together better than if I slice in rings.

It was awesome with the cinnamon added. Why haven't I done that before? Cinnamon is good for blood sugar levels and helps prevent bs spikes.

Other things I've added to a pb & banana sandwich are nuts or raisins. Sub apple slices for the banana, honey for the agave, crunchy pb for smooth, or what ever suits your taste or you have on hand! If you don't have a fresh banana or apple, you can substitute dry fruit for it.  Other add-ons that can be used are wheat or oat bran, a bit of flax meal, etc. They will stick to the pb and not be very noticible.

I think for the next one I'll do the same, but will also add a light sprinkling of nutmeg. I hear nutmeg is also good for diabetics!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment