Monday, February 20, 2012

Date and Nut Muffins

Is there anyone who doesn't love muffins? I know I love them! I also like to double batches I make so I can stick some in the freezer. It works great!

The recipe I'm sharing is one I need to try. What I'll probably do is add a bit of cinnamon and also some protein powder. They up the nutrition of muffins and I like to eat them for meals.

In adding the protein powder or even whey powder, they can be sent for lunches for the kiddos in place of a sandwich. Cream cheese instead of butter is great and fruity cream cheese spreads can be added to. Or, try a couple thinly sliced apple pieces with the cream cheese. The muffins in the photo above have a chunk of apple in them. That's do-able with most any muffin recipe too! I've done that before too and it works GREAT!

Muffins are versitle and we can be with them! ENJOY!

Date and Nut Muffins

1 1/2 cups chopped dates
3/4 cup boiling water
1 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanila

In a small bowl, combine dates, boiling water and baking soda. In another small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and walnuts.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Beat in brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla. Add date mixture to egg mixture in large bowl, stir to combine. Add flour mixture to date and egg mixture, stir until just combined.

Spoon batter into greased of paper lined muffin tins. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes.


Photo: Source unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment