Thursday, August 25, 2011

National Banana Split Day


National Banana Split Day

Such a yummy celebration! There's not really a recipe for a banana split as it's more of a do-it-yourself-kit type of treat.

I like to slice my banana up into bite-sized pieces and then arrange (haphazardly of course) them around the ice cream. I'm not into pineapple with chocolate, but love it otherwise. I do like chocolate syrup and nuts on my splits. Then I like strawberries or cherries. If they aren't in season, dried cranberries or cherries are good too. then of course a dollop of chocolate cool whip (SF for me please) and even a marchino cherry, strawberry, cherry or such for the top crowning. As to the ice cream, I go with the diabetic friendly and like vanilla or chocolate. I don't care for the strawberry flavoring in strawberry ice cream. A wonderful sub for the scoup of strawberry is a mint chocolate chip though!

How do you like to make yours?

And while you're enjoying your wonderful treat, it's also Willing To Lend A Hand Day in case you get a chance to do so! Then you'll REALLY deserve to enjoy that split as you'll have burnt the calories off doing something good for someone!

Do we pay-it-forward with burning calories?

No comments:

Post a Comment